Andy and Mia of 59 North came through Lunenburg in their new-to-them Swan 59 Ice Bear a few weeks ago. The four of us had a fun dinner together at our cottage and then I joined them on their boat to record a podcast.
We covered a bunch of subjects including:
- Learning to be comfortable with being wrong—always a work in progress for me…and most of us.
- The controversy around my article on sudden dragging events with Rocna anchors.
- How to decide if you need a series drogue as designed by Don Jordan—it’s all about you.
- Cutting away from an anchor in an emergency.
- Chain or rope anchor rodes.
- Phyllis’ and my quest for a smaller cruising boat.
- Lots of thoughts on how each of us needs to think about risk—there is no right, only right for you.
- How the name Morgan’s Cloud came to be.
Have a listen:
In Case You Missed Them
This is the third of these podcasts I have done with Andy and Mia. Here are the other two, assuming you are crazy enough to want to binge-listen to me blathering on for over three hours:
Andy and Mia are doing a great job with these podcasts. I simply can’t recommend them too highly. A particular favourite of mine is this one with Alva Simon.
Annapolis Panel Discussion
Talking of Andy and Mia, I will be joining them in a panel discussion at the US Sailboat Show in Annapolis, Maryland on How We Think About Sailing on Sunday, October 13, 2019. Join us, it should be fun.