I don’t know about you, but I’m deeply bored with series drogue details. Yes, this stuff is vitally important, but let’s take a break. To that end, here’s what else is perking here at AAC world headquarters, alias our cabin in Nova Scotia, known by our friends as “The Hovel”.
- The final two parts of Colin’s Coastal Passage Making Series.
- A fun how-to piece from Andy Schell on using a drone for photography and video while cruising, including how to fly it off the boat to get incredible footage while at sea, and recover it too…most of the time.
- An article from me on the five things I check first on fibreglass boats we are thinking of buying—looked at two boats already. It’s all written and we will publish it as soon as we get back.
- I will be interviewing Steve D’Antonio on how to avoid buying lurking-laminate-nightmares along with a fibreglass boat—no one better qualified to help us with that.
- Colin is hard at work on an article on how to buy, refit, and outfit an offshore cruising boat for $US100,000…and a lot of sweat.
But first, Phyllis and I will be taking a 10-day holiday (vacation) starting Wednesday. During that time:
- There will be no new articles.
- We will only be available in the comments sporadically, if at all.
- I (John) will probably not be answering questions retroactively that were posted in the comments while I’m on holiday—not a holiday if I do all the work when I get back! So if you want an answer from me, please post the question after 4th August.
- It may take a bit longer than usual to get help with account or log in problems, but rest assured that you will get an answer.
- We will not close the comments, but we will be watching, so please play nice.
- We will not be answering emails.
This is our first break in two years. Not complaining, we love what we do, just wanted you to know that we are not getting indolent.
While I’m on holiday I will be…yup…sailing and cruising. And in a very different way from what I’m used to. So look for all kinds of new articles and a fresh view inspired by that.