After six months of intense work here at Attainable Adventure Cruising World Headquarters, in which Phyllis and I:
- completed a new 800 page Edition of our Norwegian Cruising Guide;
- redesigned this site to support advertising and membership;
- completely rewrote my Heavy Weather Tactics Online Book;
- and still somehow found time to write (along with Colin and most recently Matt), edit and publish 75 posts;
it’s time for a break.
So, the site will be quiet for a week or so while the editors, writers, photographers, publishers, web designer, server manager, marketing director, sales manager, customer support staff, bookkeeper, accountant and office lackeys (they make the tea), head off on a road trip, to go and pat our beloved Morgan’s Cloud and see a bit of the world outside of our home office.
When we get back, we have lots of great posts in the hopper, including:
- From Colin, brave man that he is, a two part series on picking a partner and mate to share life and go voyaging with.
- From Colin, a review of one of the most important new voyaging books to be published in years, together with an interview with the author, one of the most important people to offshore voyaging of his generation.
- From me and Matt, two more parts in our look at efficient offshore voyaging motorboats.
- From me, continuation of our series on Person Overboard Prevention.
- From me, a very detailed description, with photographs, of our simple, but elegant—it better be elegant since we have been working on it for 20 years—lazyjack system, that makes handling our large and heavy mainsail easy.
- From me, the “end game” posts on the Adventure 40.
- From Matt, a continuation of his series on the characteristics of boatbuilding materials with a piece on impact resistance.
- Phyllis and I will be updating and adding to my Weather to Go Online Book that focuses on DIY weather reception and interpretation to help those of you getting used to a world without Herb, of South Bound II.
Content of this depth and quality takes a huge amount of time to create that we four need to get paid for, otherwise our sweat and creativity is going to inevitably get directed to something else. Currently sign ups are meeting the rate we need to remain viable, but only just.
So please make our return from holiday (vacation) special by becoming a member now. It’s only Can$9.99 for the first year and $19.99 thereafter—not exactly greedy. And you get access to all 21 of our Online Dynamic eBooks.
While We Are Away
Don’t forget that there are over 650 posts and online eBooks to read in the Archive, that you can access using the menus above.
By all means continue to comment, but please play nice.