Heavy Weather Tactics Online Book Second Edition Published

JHH5_101145-Edit

Phyllis and I just finished a complete rewrite and update of my Heavy Weather Tactics Online Book and we are very excited about the way it turned out.

I originally wrote the book as a series of posts back in the winter of 2008-2009. Re-reading the entire series as a whole, with the separation of three years, allowed me to see it in a whole new light and with new clarity.

Shorter and Better

The result was that when we came to re-write the series of posts and turn them into an Online Book the text got both shorter and more complete. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but writing short is actually much harder and takes much longer than writing long.

Comments Make It Better

At the time of writing—and over the three years since—many thousands of people read the first edition posts and many commented, both directly to us via email and as comments to the posts. And rereading the comments and our answers helped us further clarify the text, so a big thank you to all.

More Improvements

While we were at it, we rearranged the posts into more logical and longer chapters and edited all of the comments.

Table of Contents

And we have added a detailed Table of Contents with a description of each chapter that you can read even if you are not a member. The first chapter is also available to non-members.

This is Just The Start

We plan to do two to four of these second edition Online Books each year, which, along with the twenty first edition Online Books, makes the annual membership of $19.99 very reasonable.

Please Help

This whole online Online Book concept is new and we are well aware that we still have a lot to learn. So please leave a comment with any suggestions you may have, particularly after reading the new Heavy Weather Tactics Online Book.

Enjoyed this article? Please share:

Members, login to comment. Not a member? Join Today

• Westbrook Jul 15, 2013, 7:40 pm

“Je n’ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que je n’ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte.” Blaise Pascal http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/04/28/shorter-letter/

• Myles Jul 16, 2013, 7:48 pm

I did it long because I did not have the leisure to make it shorter.

• Keith Jones Jul 17, 2013, 8:33 am

Content looks good, but having lots of technical difficulties.

No luck downloading or saving for later. Only the non-password protected section is available. Using android phone and Win7 computer.

Tried SnagIt, Feedly, Scrapbook, and Pocket.

Pocket wouldn’t let me enter my username and password so it doesn’t look like I can read online or offline on phone easily.

With so many apps and devices wouldn’t pdf files be easier?

• John Jul 17, 2013, 9:11 am

Hi Kieth,

Have you tried the applications listed here. I have tested them and they work fine. You do need to logon before using them.

Yes, in some ways PDF’s would be easier, but you would not be able to comment or ask questions. Also, preparing and updating PDF’s would take a lot more time for us to the point that we would need to charge a lot more. Say $10.00 per eBook or $200 for the set and then $10.00 again each time we edit it.

You can read more on our thinking here.

• Keith Jones Jul 18, 2013, 9:14 am

Got scrapbook on the laptop to work. The sign on to the MC website has to be while you are in scrapbook not before. Scrapbook doesn’t work on android.

Too bad Pocket doesn’t work with the site, it is very clean and easy and does a nice job syncing to other devices – thanks for mentioning it I think it will be a useful tool.

Thanks,

Keith

• Keith Jones Jul 18, 2013, 9:34 am

OK got Pocket to work with my android phone!!!!

I followed the directions for “saving from a subscription based accounts” and it seems to work great. http://help.getpocket.com/customer/portal/articles/482884

This will be great to be able to read the ebooks on my phone. Hope it works for others.

Keith

• John Jul 18, 2013, 10:08 am

Hi Kieth,

Thanks very much for the tip. I liked Pocket too, but could not get it to work reliably on my iPad.

One thing I’m curious about? Surely you could have read the eBooks on your android phone while you were online? And most data packages are now large enough that reading eBooks online would not put you over your limit, I think? Am I missing something?

• Keith Jones Jul 18, 2013, 10:21 am

I find browsing with the phone to be slow and cumbersome; where with something like Pocket I can store stuff and when waiting for an appointment etc. can quickly read an article of interest regardless of cellular service.

I really enjoy your site and find it very thought provoking.

Fair winds,

Keith

• John Jul 18, 2013, 10:28 am

Hi Kieth,

That makes sense. I’m sitting here thinking about rebranding the “Online Dynamic eBooks” as “In-Depth Series”. Membership would still be required to read them and the content would stay the same. Maybe it would solve any confusion issues. What do you think?

Please login, otherwise your comment won't display.