Before anybody panics, posts like this that solicit sponsors will not become a frequent feature on this site.
Having said that, if AAC is to survive and prosper, we must have advertising revenue. So I have written this post to detail the great value that sponsorship of AAC delivers and I’m unabashedly asking you, our readers, to talk this up with the marine businesses that you buy from. It’s a win, win, win:
- You continue to get the content you have come to expect from AAC. And better yet, revenue will allow us to delegate many administration and technical tasks, which will free us to create even more content.
- The sponsor gets unprecedented value for their sponsorship dollar. Yes, I know everyone says that, but in this case it’s true. Read on for why.
- We get to go on creating for this site, which we really enjoy doing, without paying for the privilege, which we don’t enjoy. In fact, if things go well, we might even make some beer money.
Here’s what being an AAC sponsor delivers:
- Page views/month: 75,000
- Visits/month: 28,000
- Unique visitors/month: 15,000
- Unique visitors/year: 140,000
- Visits from search: 50%
- Average length of visit: over 4 minutes
- Visitors that stay for over 10 minutes: 12%
A Growing Vehicle For Your Message
Since the summer of 2009, traffic is up 300%. And look at that trend in the graph above. This is where the future is.
Unprecedented Value For Money
We have advertisement prices for every budget, from CAN$50 to CAN$990 per month—more impressions than many magazines for much less money. And, unlike a magazine, on AAC your message will appear on all 660 pages.
Our readers are serious about offshore sailing and buying quality gear to make their dreams a reality.
Browse the Internet and check the forums. When offshore sailors want a definitive answer, they quote and link to Attainable Adventure Cruising.
Not a Blog, a Reference Site
Blogs come and blogs go, but Attainable Adventure Cruising is comprised of over 660 pages of original quality information on offshore voyaging, compiled over 10 years and rigorously categorized for easy access.
Not a Forum, a Community
Read the comments. You will not find the meaningless noise of the typical internet forum. Attainable Adventure Cruising readers are experienced, smart, and committed to voyaging.
Not Advertisers, Partners
We are committed to the success of our sponsors. Not for us the so-called “Chinese Wall” between advertising and editorial that readers know to be fake anyway. We will do whatever we can, within the bounds of truth and ethical behaviour, to make you successful.
And here is what it costs and the fine print:
Click here for a graphic (comp) showing the positions of the spaces listed above.
- Advertisements to be static (no Flash, dynamic HTML, or pop-ups). We know that this is an unusual restriction; however, the classy low-key look of our web site is a vital part of our brand and its authority, and that will help to sell your products.
- Fees are payable three months in advance.
- Attainable Adventure Cruising Ltd reserves the right to reject any potential advertiser without providing any justification.
- All rates are quoted and payable in Canadian Dollars.
- Attainable Adventure Cruising Ltd, and its authors make no warranty as to the quality or fitness for task of the products advertised on this site.
Contact us to become an AAC sponsor.
If you have any ideas of how we can make this sponsorship offering even better, or questions about it, please leave a comment.
Web Traffic Measurement
*Average of November 2012—January 2014. Source: Statcounter and Google Analytics. Contrary to what many web site owners will tell you, web traffic measurement is anything but an exact science. So where there is inconsistency between the numbers reported by our two services, we have quoted the most conservative metric.