AAC Featured By Soundings Magazine

imageIf you have not already had enough, enough, and more than enough of our opinions, you may wish to pick up a copy of Soundings Magazine. The nice folks at that publication have a feature interview with us about this site and our thoughts on offshore sailboat voyaging in general in their February issue.

And if you are a Soundings reader who is new here, welcome. We hope you will stay and become a regular reader.

Please Share

6 comments… add one
  • David Stanwood Jan 17, 2011, 10:49 am

What is AAC?

• John Jan 17, 2011, 11:56 am

Hi David,

Attainable Adventure Cruising—this site. Sorry, I should have spelled it out. We tend to use AAC here at the world headquarters. 🙂

• Westbrook Jan 17, 2011, 1:05 pm

Does the on-boarding process for new members of the ACC world headquarters staff include familiarizing them with the acronym?

• John Jan 17, 2011, 9:00 pm

Right after their first lashing with the cat at the grating.

• John/Endless Winter Jan 18, 2011, 5:49 pm

Congratulations on the feature!

John, is Soundings a good magazine for us high-latitude leaning sailors? We’re feeling like we’ve outgrown Cruising World with too many tropical cats and expensive Oysters between the pages. But I’m guessing there’s too few of us who want to bump into ice to really warrant a publication that deals with metal boats, reliable heaters, heavy weather, over-wintering…

If it wasn’t for the great content here at AAC, maybe I wouldn’t demand so much more from my magazines!
    Thanks,

• John Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 am

Thanks for the kind comments. Of course you are already reading a publication that “deals with metal boats, reliable heaters, heavy weather, over-wintering…”. 🙂

I have to confess that I have not read many Soundings magazines so I really can’t give you an opinion. I can say that their editorial staff seems very open to and interested in offshore voyaging. I would suggest subscribing for a year and seeing how you like it.

I can also recommend Ocean Navigator Magazine, which is both published and edited by offshore sailors.